Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for CL Yachts Click for Walker Click for Burger

Looking for Yacht and engine surveyors in Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Ron Ferguson, Sep 28, 2026 at 3:43 PM.

  1. Ron Ferguson

    Ron Ferguson New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2017
    Messages:
    25
    Location:
    Virginia
    I am looking for recommendations for a hull and engine surveyor in the Ft. Lauderdale area. The boat is a 74' Ocean Alexander and it has Cat C32's. Any recommendations would be very helpful.

    Thanks

    Ron
  2. Capt J

    Capt J Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Messages:
    14,892
    Location:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Elite marine surveyors for the hull. Engines N+G engineering, or IF under warranty a CAT dealer because you will need them to do the seatrial to transfer the warranty.
    Nelly Medina likes this.
  3. Silver Lining

    Silver Lining Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2008
    Messages:
    178
    Location:
    Chesapeake/Florida
    I used South Shore Marine Diesel in Miami for my engine survey last year on my C18s. They specialize in CATs. They did a nice comprehensive job and provided full data on engine history as part of the survey. I had them come back as a follow on to a few recommendations and R&R my aftercoolers and rebuild my heat exchangers. They again did a nice job and I will use them again for future engine service.

    Pascal from this web site had recommended them. Ask for Marcello, he is the owner.
    captainwjm likes this.
  4. Capt J

    Capt J Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Messages:
    14,892
    Location:
    Fort Lauderdale
    They are very good also. I use them in Miami where they're based. N+G Hollywood to Fort Laud. And MMR Marine in Palm Beach.